Shipping & Deliveries
Deliveries & Shipping during the COVID-19 Pandemic
South Africa is currently under Level 3 lock-down due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Although most courier companies are back in business, most are running with only 1/3 of their workforce. This will affect the speed of normal delivery times and delays can be expected.
Processing of Orders
- Orders will be processed within 1-5 business days or once payment has been received, whichever comes first.
- Since most of the items on our site are handcrafted, some products may only be produced once an order has been received.
- Hello Africa will communicate via email and notify you if this is the case.
Local (South African) Deliveries
- We offer a door to door delivery service for all local deliveries, using our preferred third-party partner The Courier Guy.
- Deliveries cannot be made to a P O Box as a contact name & telephone number is required on all delivery notes.
- A signature and identification may be requested on receipt of delivery
- Deliveries to all major cities in South Africa are R99 and normally takes between 2-5 working days to dispatch.
- The current Level 3 of the COVID-19 pandemic may cause unavoidable delays in delivery.
- Total orders in excess R799.99 are free of charge to all major cities in South Africa.
- Deliveries to smaller towns and dorpiesfurther away from major centers may take longer and cost more as a result.
- Delivery in and around Johannesburg CBD
- We offer FREE Local Delivery within a 10km radius of our store in Maboneng for Johannesburg orders ONLY in excess of R300.
- Collection from our store is also possible and can be chosen at the checkout.
- We ensure that customers are kept informed of their deliveries via email.
International Deliveries & Shipping
International shipping costs from South Africa can be fairly high, so we have negotiated more competitive rates through our Third-Party Courier Partner, DHL.
- A starting delivery fee of $35 / £28 / €31 will apply to all international orders to major global cities and centers.
- As the order value increases, shipping costs reduces per gram and becomes more economical overall.
- Hello Africa will communicate final Shipping Costs within 24hrs of an order placed, should shipping exceed the fee quoted above.
- DHL delivers internationally within 7 days.
Customs Duties and Taxes
Please be aware that in some countries and territories, import & custom rules may dictate that delivery attract additional duties and taxes.
Returns & Refunds
Customer satisfaction is always our top priority, and as such we handle each query on an individual basis. While we hope that you are delighted with your purchase, should you not be completely satisfied with your items, we will happily offer a refund or exchange.
- All returns should be sent back within 7 days of delivery and in its original packaging.
- We request that customers contact us directly via email on receipt of purchase should you items be damaged, faulty or does not meet your expectations.
- Items received damaged or faulty items will be replaced or an alternative suggested.
- Faulty items due to the manufacturers fault that occur within the guarantee period of 3 month will be repaired.
- Items should be returned unworn and in perfect condition, with all the designer tags still attached.
- Returns that are damaged, soiled or returned without their original labels cannot be accepted.
- Please contact us directly should you have further questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org.